U.S. Vision Optometric Technician in Fresno, California
U.S. Vision, the 7th largest optical retailer in the United States, is seeking a full-time Optometric Technician. We care about our customers, and believe that their quality of vision improves their quality of life.
Our successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized and detail orientated with an ability to multitask while working in a fast paced environment. They will be responsible for creating value in the lives of our patients by delivering exceptional patient service and ensuring all patients receive the highest quality of care.
U.S. Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all testing components and answers any questions the patient may have.
- Knowledge of basic ophthalmic medical terminology, ability to complete patient work up including but not limited to auto-refraction, NCT, FDT, Optos, Zeiss OCT, Humphrey Visual Fields.
- Maintain complete and accurate patient records.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor’s exam lane and pre-test equipment.
- Confirm appointments and contact/reschedule no shows and cancellations.
- Willing to be cross trained to fill in and assist other staff members when they are in need of help or absent.
- Participate in business development plans to promote eye exams.
- Accurately operates cashier terminal, when required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent related job experience.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills are required.
- EHR experience preferred.
- This position requires a team player.
Requisition ID: 2017-1265
# of Openings: 1
Brand: JCPenney Optical
Address: 555 East Shaw
Job Locations: US-CA-Fresno
Position Type: Full Time