Comcast Retail Sales Consultant (Full Time) in Fresno, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The future of Awesome is here, and this is an exciting retail opportunity to illustrate "Awesome" directly with Comcast customers. If you have an appreciation for retail, a passion to work with customers, a love of new technologies and a winning sales drive, then this opportunity may be for you!
Play with interactive displays of Xfinity cable and television. Show an incredibly fast download of a movie using Xfinity Internet. Monitor a staged Comcast home remotely using Xfinity Home. Receive a voicemail via text on your laptop. Do all of this right in front of a customer!
Educating and energizing customers on features, benefits and use of all Comcast products and services has never been more fun. Comcast will provide the tools, and they need you to provide the Awesome. Ultimately, you will recommend and sell the perfect solution for the customer.
In this role, you will work directly with customers in a retail location and review all of the products and services that Comcast has to offer a customer, based on the customer's needs. You will help the customer understand more of what Xfinity is about.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for helping existing customers on interpreting and clarifying their account statements and paying their bills in the store. You will be able to answer any questions they have on current or new services, make changes to account data, upgrade or downgrade levels of service, and process all general service requests.
Other responsibilities include helping customers with any concerns they may have with their products or services. These concerns may include, but are not limited to, billing discrepancies, service disruptions, and general service inquiries. Comcast realizes that sometimes things aren't perfect; however you will be able to resolve these issues first-hand, and help the customer leave the store much happier than when they arrived.
- Sell with passion and engage new and existing customers in a high quality experience which enables them to make informed purchase decisions.
- Maintain high energy and a positive "I can do" attitude.
- Provide strong understanding and enthusiasm around technology, especially around Comcast products and services. Maintain detailed sales product knowledge, including competitive information.
- Provide superior customer service with all customer interactions. Evaluate customers' potential product needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Utilize retention techniques to proactively retain existing customers from canceling service.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas in an accountability-based culture.
- Manage store inventory, process equipment transactions, and handle high volumes of cash and other payment activity with a focus of maximizing the customer experience.
- Work in a fast paced, high-volume environment and, where applicable, cover multiple store locations throughout the operating area; may be asked to travel to other Customer Service Centers to offer additional support.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
- BA/BS degree
- Bilingual capability (Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese) is essential
- Two or more years of sales experience working specifically with a commission, meeting and exceeding quotas
- Experience working in a high-tech and/or telecomm industry (electronics/wireless)
- Constant bending and lifting. Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs.
- Ability to squat down to pick up and lift equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Constant typing and use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Lots of walking back and forth, greeting customers, and retrieving equipment.
- Must be able to reach overhead (cleaning windows, hanging collateral, moving equipment).
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer