Internal Revenue Service SENIOR TAX ANALYST in Fresno, California
About the Agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR TAX ANALYST DO? A Senior Tax Analyst serves as an expert analyst with responsibility for performing significant technical, analytical, and evaluative staff work. This work includes planning, coordinating, and conducting analytical studies, and/or projects. Your decisions directly influence the formulation of agency program and/or policy development. You will provide coordination in the identification, development, and resolution of program issues that affect the operating units within the Business Division assigned.
WHAT IS THE* WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&I;)*DIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I;) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I; objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I; partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
Position to be filled in Return Integrity and Compliance (RICS), Planning and Business Support (PBS), at any of the following locations: 401 W. Peachtree ST, Atlanta, GA; 3651 S IH-35, Austin, TX; 1040 Waverly Avenue, Brookhaven, NY; 1325 Broadway Plaza, Fresno, CA; 1001 South 1200 West, Ogden, UT; 312 Elm St, Cincinnati, OH; 999 N. Capitol St NE, Washington, DC; 7850 S. W. 6th Court, Plantation, FL 33324; 600 Dr Martin L King Pl, Louisville, KY 40202; 333 W. Pershing Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108.
As a Senior Tax Analyst you will:
- Perform assignments that are agency-wide in scope and have significant impact on issues facing the operating unit. Conduct Business Reviews of field and headquarters offices, serve on task forces or study groups, and perform independent analyses of area or nationwide program operations.
- Comprehensively plan, analyzes, determines cost/benefit relationships, and coordinates a variety of functions, operations, teams, or interfacing administrative systems.
- Independently study complex problems facing operating unit functions or those of particular concern within specialized areas of the organization.
- Analyze assigned program area(s) to discern trends in program delivery. Consolidate report data to measure effectiveness in meeting baselines or the degree to which program plans and achievements support strategic agency initiatives.
- Represent management at high-level meetings and conference calls to provide technical advice and staff assistance to headquarters executives, headquarters analysts, field managers, and employees in the assigned program area(s). Provide authoritative interpretation and guidance concerning operating policies, instructions, and other material pertaining to assigned program areas.
- Develop, prepare and review agency directives, Internal Revenue Manual (IRM) issuances, memoranda, Service-wide policy statements, and other written guidelines and recommendations that may have agency wide impact WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
- Occasional Travel
- 01 to 05 Travel Nights per Month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
IRS Internal Employees on a Career or Career Conditional Appointment in the competitive service.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:* *GS-14 Level:You must have (1) one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experiencefor this position includes: comprehensive knowledge of IRS functions, programs, policies, regulations, procedures, and operations to conduct reviews; Skill in recognizing significant tax issues and enforcement changes in order to develop new or revised procedures or products for assigned programs; Expert knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods in order to develop new approaches to existing programs such as compliance, accounts management and/or taxpayer education and communication functions; Experience using comprehensive knowledge of the principles of management planning, program and process analysis to develop, design, and implement new or revised policies and procedures; Skill in oral communication to present plans and proposals to individuals and groups, including top-level managers and field employees, as well as, skill in written communication is necessary to prepare comprehensive written reports, disseminate policy information, and document findings and conclusions. In addition, your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate the ability to provide guidance, and serve as a technical program and policy expert to be able to prepare complete decision packages, studies, and major recommendations.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume. **In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following: You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.”
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
POSITION DESCRIPTION 94977 A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargainingunit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report with 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
- Obtain and Maintain a Moderate Risk Clearance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474049800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-12 to 2017-08-02
Salary: $101,409 to $150,349 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 14
Series: 0501 Financial Administration And Program
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: 17CW3-WIN0525-0501-14-ND
Control number: 474049800