ULTA Beauty WMS(Warehouse Mgmt System) Manager - Fresno, CA in Fresno, California
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The WMS Manager will be responsible for all local support and maintenance the distribution center’s install of the Manhattan Associates’ Warehouse Management System (WMS). They will also own local support and level 1 triage responsibilities for ancillary applications such as Slotting, Lightning Pick (LP) and Fortna WCS. These responsibilities include direct supervision of the WM Analyst(s). The WMS Manager will represent the corporate Supply Chain Systems team and serve as the single point of contact at the Distribution Center. Additionally the WMS Manager will serve as the local functional and technical SME in order to provide support and educating users on the system’s applications.
The WMS Manager will lead the local WMS team in order to provide coverage for daily operations. The responsibility as a leader in this role will involve training and developing team members. This includes ensuring alignment of system configuration and best practices within the DC and across the network.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Manage the local WMS team in the DC
- Provide daily guidance and support for local WMS & DC teams
- Develop and implement best practices for system triage and resolution
- Own all site specific configuration of WMS and other ancillary applications
- Own Inventory Sync in the building
- Be the future DC point of contact for future projects involving the DC systems
- Identify business opportunities in the DC through analytics and reporting
- Work with the Field WMS Support WMS Manager and DC leadership to ensure full support coverage in the DC
- Coordinate system changes and enhancements with Field Support WMS Manager
- Serve as POC for issues experienced in the DC including ensuring proper escalation path is followed
- Actively participate in DC leadership meetings and continuous improvement sessions
- Collaborate with the Industrial Engineering team to support the deployment of the local Labor Management System (LMS)
- Partner with corporate Supply Chain Operations team to ensure proper Slotting of the building
- Collaborate with DC, HQ and Vendors partners to provide adequate support and resolution
- Write and execute database queries for troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical purposes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a focus in Information Technology or Supply Chain Management.
- 1 - 3 years of experience with Warehouse Management/Labor Management Systems (Manhattan Associates preferred)
- Experience supporting technology solutions for end users
- Complex understanding of Warehouse Strategies, Design, Systems and Processes
- Prior experience serving in a warehouse support role preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude and significant experience with relational databases
- Ability to write SQL statements ranging from medium to high complexity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish the stated goals.
- Ability to manage, drive and accept accountability across an integrated team in a production support environment.
- Demonstrate ability to perform analyses and identify solutions to resolve specific business needs.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written skills to communicate with associates and all levels of management.
- Works with management and supervision to ensure proper adoption and utilization of technology solutions
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team setting.
- Good understanding of warehousing and physical distribution concepts.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as dictated by business needs.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Job location will be at the Distribution Center
- Typical office environment – 60-%
- Typical DC work environment – 40%
- Travel 10%/year
- Ability to walk and stand while observing for extended periods
Date Posted: 7/12/2017
Category: Supply Chain