MV Transportation General Manager in Visalia, California
MV Transportation is seeking a General Manager to provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
* Job Responsibilities:*
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
* Talent Requirements:*
- College degree or equivalent business management experience.
- Management experience required.
- Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit and fixed route environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups .
CATEGORY: Management, Other, Transportation
POSTING ID: TNGENER70017_70017
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified