Community Regional Medical Center Clinician Informaticist in Fresno, California
The Clinician Informaticist position is a vital member of our mission.
Responsible for working with designated resources to coordinate planning, design, development, implementation, education, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems as they apply to nursing and clinical care processes. Possesses refined knowledge and skills pertinent to informatics educational needs of staff and physicians. Collaborates and consults with clinicians and other healthcare informatics professionals and IT clinical service staff to advance healthcare practice and processes through education of staff, teaching them to effectively use CMC information systems. Continuously strives to improve clinical and customer outcomes.
Why are we the “Employer of first choice”?
We provide a world of opportunity for professional growth and personal advancement by making the health and financial security of our employee’s a top priority. We embrace our responsibility to the people who make us the largest private employer in the central San Joaquin Valley by offering comprehensive and affordable medical benefits as part of your employment with CMC. We value giving you a choice in your health coverage by providing three medical plan options. You will also be offered prescription drug, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, discounts on many goods and services, and an employer matched Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan (403(b)).
Our team members enjoy additional benefits such as: education reimbursement, an employee gym, concierge service, and award winning cuisine.
Based in Fresno, California, we are a multi-specialty healthcare system comprised of four hospitals; Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Community Behavioral Health Center. Additionally, our system includes other health care facilities and a physician residency program in conjunction with the University of California, San Francisco. Our primary service area is 15,000-square-miles, and we're home to the only combined, burn and Level 1 trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Community Medical Centers is an Equal Opportunity,Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse staff.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you are looking to make a difference and value a purposeful, lasting career, we provide that in our 120 year old hospital system! For more information on why you should choose Community please click the link:*https://www.communitymedical.org/*
- Coordinates and participates in system planning, development, design, analysis, implementation, upgrading, testing, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems. Plans for data collection, cataloging of gathered information, documentation of processes and communication with members of IT and clinical services.
- Provides leadership when implementing changes in both automated and manual components of the clinical information systems. Coordinates communication or changes with Nursing and IT management. Anticipates and responds appropriately to requests and concerns from users or others affected by the systems.
- Facilitates enhancements to clinical information systems, including revisions and testing system changes. Works with IT and other informatics staff to integrate changes into the clinical environment.
- Utilizing independent judgment, anticipates, analyzes, prioritizes and facilitates identification and resolution of user needs and issues. Coordinates development of multi-disciplinary user input processes regarding clinical systems and processes. Evaluates methods of user input and communication to the CMC Nursing Informatics group, and from Nursing Informatics to users.
- Manages the coordination and evaluation of proactive user support in all areas for clinical information system users.
- Coordinates and participates in systems analysis and research related to clinical information systems. Works with members of the user groups to determine selection criteria. Evaluates selection processes and suggests improvements to those processes.
- Works collaboratively with IT and Nursing Informatics staff to develop and maintain systems for tracking required fixes, enhancements and testing.
- Responsible for accurately and promptly analyzing the impact of information technology in clinical work processes. Communicates issues/topics with team members, Nursing and IT management.
- Collaborates with outside consultants, vendors and company representatives in the planning, development, testing, revision and maintenance of clinical information systems.
- May provide and assist with computer training and orientation activities for current and new personnel, students and faculty.
- Maintains security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates that patient, visitor and employee safety is a key and fundamental principle.
- Maintains membership or provides consultation to appropriate committees, work groups or task forces as needed to facilitate the ongoing process of the design, implementation and revision of automated and manual components of the clinical information systems.
- Actively participates in presentations and publications about clinical information systems at conferences and in journals. Attends conferences and seminars as appropriate.
- Provides leadership and role modeling in the areas of professionalism, accountability and communication within the Division of Nursing and Nursing Informatics.
- Responsible for supporting a strong and effective Nursing Informatics team.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) with four years clinical or hospital experience OR bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Nursing and 6 years’ clinical or administrative experience.
Masters degree in Nursing, Allied field or Nursing Informatics and information Systems experience.
Job Number: 2018-9766
Date Posted: 4/30/2018
Job Title: Clinician Informaticist
Shift Type: Full Time
Location: Community Medical Centers - Corporate Offices (CMC)