Community Regional Medical Center Communication Specialist in Fresno, California
The Communication Specialist position is a vital member of our mission.
In this role you are responsible for managing projects that assist with the advancement of internal and external communication, fundraising communication and corporate goals. Assists in planning, copy writing, editing and distributing Community publications and corporate information and collateral materials. Assists with development of strategic marketing, PR communications and digital media plans, campaigns and programs. Coordinates, prepares and communicates information for various stakeholder audiences, media and general public through multiple printed, broad casted, electronic and social mediums. Develops and maintains positive relationship with Community personnel, leadership, medical staff, volunteers, media representatives, community organizations and general public.
Why are we the “Employer of first choice”?
We provide a world of opportunity for professional growth and personal advancement by making the health and financial security of our employee’s a top priority. We embrace our responsibility to the people who make us the largest private employer in the central San Joaquin Valley by offering comprehensive and affordable medical benefits as part of your employment with CMC. We value giving you a choice in your health coverage by providing three medical plan options. You will also be offered prescription drug, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, discounts on many goods and services, and an employer matched Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan (403(b)).
Our team members enjoy additional benefits such as: education reimbursement, an employee gym, concierge service, and award winning cuisine.
Based in Fresno, California, we are a multi-specialty healthcare system comprised of four hospitals; Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Community Behavioral Health Center. Additionally, our system includes other health care facilities and a physician residency program in conjunction with the University of California, San Francisco. Our primary service area is 15,000-square-miles, and we're home to the only combined, burn and Level 1 trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Community Medical Centers is an Equal Opportunity,Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse staff.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you are looking to make a difference and value a purposeful, lasting career, we provide that in our 120 year old hospital system! For more information on why you should choose Community please click the link:*https://www.communitymedical.org/*
- Produces professional quality written, graphic or video communication/digital media content as assigned and within established time lines.
- Provides editorial content planning for print, broadcast and digital platforms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the latest healthcare and internal corporate communications/digital media technology best practices.
- Identifies measurable project goals and quantifiable targets, and monitors and communicates progress toward achievement of goals.
- Researches, develops and coordinates corporate news and information to enrich institutional archives of relevant statistics, facts and figures for various communication and fundraising purposes.
- Effectively manages projects by communicating accountabilities and progress in order to utilize resources efficiently and meet established time lines and budget.
- Exercises professional judgment and impeccable customer service in dealing with internal and external publics at all times.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, creativity, and inventiveness with each assignment.
- Mentors and provides general supervision to interns or junior members of the communications team.
- Advises, consults, and provides services related to the design, creation and online delivery of digital media.
- Evaluates, implements and promotes digital media equipment, software and services that meet corporate communications goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Computer Science or related field. Three to five years industry experience.
Work experience in the Healthcare industry or a Healthcare setting.
Job Number: 2018-9005
Date Posted: 2/26/2018
Job Title: Communication Specialist
Shift Type: Full Time
Location: Community Medical Centers - Corporate Offices (CMC)