SMG Event Receptionist in Fresno, California
Represents facility as initial contact for prospective clients and the general public during event hours. Answers incoming phone calls from individuals during shifts providing information on upcoming and current events. Also acts as base during events logging calls and directing information from one department to another via radio. Looking for a bilingual -- Spanish speaking candidate.
- Receive facility phone calls at the reception desk and extend general hospitality. Routing calls to staff members or department to relay information.
- Answer general questions about the arena and provide general customer service.
- Covering as base during events logging spills and event information.
- Assist staff members with light clerical tasks as directed. .
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods at a time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Use multi-line telephone system and other office equipment including copier & fax machine.
- Convey strong verbal & interpersonal skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be available to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED; and at least one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please visit our Career Site here:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled