ARAMARK Gardener - Yosemite - Big Trees Lodge Summer 2018 in Fresno, California
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The main purpose of this position is to maintain the grounds and facilities of the components in accordance with Aramark Parks and Destinations brand standards of quality. This includes landscaping and maintaining property by utilizing hand or power tools or equipment, and maintaining interior floral arrangements. The Gardener will perform a variety of tasks, which will include any of the following: mowing, trimming, planting, watering, digging, raking, shoveling, sprinkler repair and installation, and spreading seed and sand. This position will have duties both inside and outside being exposed to various weather conditions.
• This is an outside position working in all types of weather: rain, snow, cold, or heat.
• Job requires the use and training of power equipment to include but not limited to chain saws, weed whacker, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, electrical clippers, pruning saws, mower, pressure washer, and portable generators along with small power and hand tools.
• Maintain the properties by keeping them green, raked, and watered.
• Mow lawns, transplant vegetation, and prune
• Provide the upkeep of the sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, or other grounds features
• Maintain parking lots, pathways, terraces, and patios by sweeping and picking up litter
• Coordinate special floral and fruit requests and arrangements
• Organize the bi-weekly interior floral arrangements
• Order flowers on a regular basis
• Shovel snow from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and surrounding areas
• May be required to cut brush, fill potholes, clean campsites, clean fire pits, and perform light road maintenance.
• Maintain landscape in and around Lodging
• Meet Environmental objectives and targets that will be communicated through Aramark.
• Inventory and maintain all gardening equipment
• Perform other work as assigned.
Status and Scope: Facilities Manager or Facility Maintenance Supervisor
• Speak, read, and write English.
• Lifting and carrying 50 pounds
• Constant bending and movement
• Must have basic math skills
• Must have full working knowledge of landscaping trade.
• Knowledge of native High Sierra Flora and previous gardening experience of 1 year
• Must know local flora and fauna along with the fertilizers and insecticides allowed to be used in the park
• Assist in designing and replacement of all planting and trail areas as needed.
• Exhibit artistic floral arranging Abilities
• Assist with daily work orders and projects, including grounds labor when required.
• Complete other projects as assigned.
• Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance.
• Must have valid Driver's License and be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a working knowledge of hand & small power tools.
• Must have good communication skills.
Equipment Used: Chainsaw, cart, weed whacker, PPE, pallet jack, hand truck, telephone, hand held radio, company motor vehicle, various other tools and landscaping or maintenance equipment
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
Lifting Requirements : HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran