SMG Operations Supervisor in Fresno, California
Under general supervision, acts as shift supervisor and performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, often requiring heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
- Assist with supervision of and participate in all set-up/conversions and event preparations.
- Assist with training of part-time and staff new hires in various tasks. Monitor and inspect the completion of all assigned tasks.
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks and transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, relamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Maintain, clean and inventory all tools and equipment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally and to be able to move around the building.
Subject to adverse weather and working conditions, including fumes, noise and other hazardous situations. Position requires walking, climbing, kneeling, and heavy lifting.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
JOB TITLE: Operations Supervisor
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event-set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning; maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED, and one year experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please visit our Career Site at:
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This job description is designated to indicate the general duties by the Operations Supervisor. It does provide an accurate overview of the work to be performed. However, it is not intended to be an all-inclusive inventory of all duties performed or assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled