Community Regional Medical Center RN Quality Management Coordinator in Fresno, California
The RN Quality Management Coordinator position is a vital member of our mission.
Provides in-depth clinical analysis on patient safety, peer, quality and risk issues. Facilitates and coordinates performance improvement projects and data tracking from a facility-specific or corporate perspective.
Why are we the “Employer of first choice”?
We provide a world of opportunity for professional growth and personal advancement by making the health and financial security of our employee’s a top priority. We embrace our responsibility to the people who make us the largest private employer in the central San Joaquin Valley by offering comprehensive and affordable medical benefits as part of your employment with CMC. We value giving you a choice in your health coverage by providing three medical plan options. You will also be offered prescription drug, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, discounts on many goods and services, and an employer matched Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan (403(b)).
Our team members enjoy additional benefits such as: education reimbursement, an employee gym, concierge service, and award winning cuisine.
Based in Fresno, California, we are a multi-specialty healthcare system comprised of four hospitals; Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Community Behavioral Health Center. Additionally, our system includes other health care facilities and a physician residency program in conjunction with the University of California, San Francisco. Our primary service area is 15,000-square-miles, and we're home to the only combined, burn and Level 1 trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Community Medical Centers is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you are looking to make a difference and value a purposeful, lasting career, we provide that in our 120 year old hospital system! For more information on why you should choose Community please click the link:*https://www.communitymedical.org/*
- Performs in-depth clinical analysis for staff and physician patient safety, peer and quality issues. Provides oversight to non-clinical Quality Management staff. Completes responsibilities in a busy, demanding environment with competing priorities.
- Coordinates, directs and ensures completeness of the FMEA (Failure Mode Effectiveness Analysis), Safe Start of Tracer processes for vulnerable, high-risk operational processes. These processes require a high degree of legal, ethical, financial, clinical and organizational knowledge.
- Works with employees and physicians to investigate quality, behavioral and patient safety concerns. Understands and makes appropriate referrals to Risk Management, Peer, Quality Management or clinical operations as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates hospital and departmental involvement with quality measures (e.g. Core Measures, Patient Safety Indicators, and other preventable events) including analysis, comparative data, trending and tracking.
- Demonstrates ability to develop data spreadsheets and provides the analysis and communication to interpret data into information in order to drive quality and change. Facilitates turning data into information for point of service staff and performance improvement.
- Facilitates professional communication and resolves conflict reasonably and effectively.
- Develops and assists with implementation of action plans focusing on quality outcomes and performance improvement projects using physician and staff input.
- Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission, Title 22, CMS Conditions of Participation and evidenced-based medicine standards of care such as cardiac care through American College of Cardiology.
- Utilizes facilitation skills, coaching and mentoring of groups, (internal and external) physicians and staff, including design, development, and implementation of new processes.
- Provides education to staff and physicians for quality management and patient safety issues including Joint Commission, California Department of Public Health, QIO and evidenced-based medicine community standards.
- Design project plans in accordance with CMC’s performance improvement methodologies and tools, including goals, scope, timeline, and metrics that are organized and prioritized to meet organizational needs.
- Supports, attends and/or participates in committee meetings as needed and assigned. Facilitates in various Quality Committee processes, such as QPSC, P&C;, and other ad hoc committees.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related field. At least Five years of experience in Quality Assurance, Case Management, Discharge Planning, Utilization Review, Infection Control or nursing project development/education. Familiarity with TJC Standards, CMS Conditions of Participation, DRG’s.
Current California Registered Nurse License.
Certification as appropriate (e.g. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM), Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP), or Clinical certification in area specialty ).
Job Number: 2018-9883
Date Posted: 5/15/2018
Job Title: RN Quality Management Coordinator
Shift Type: Full Time
Location: Community Medical Centers - Corporate Offices (CMC)