ARAMARK Roomskeeper - Majestic Yosemite Hotel - (Yosemite) in Fresno, California
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com at http://www.aramark.com/ or connect with us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/aramark and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aramark .
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary: Roomkeepers are responsible for cleaning assigned lodge rooms and tent cabins, linens, hallways, carpets and other designated amenities and areas in accordance with the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction. Roomkeepers may also collect, sort, wash, dry and fold linen from various departments.
• Must be capable of constant lifting and bending.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Must have an eye for detail and presentation to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness
• Ensure all beds are made and all surfaces are dusted including upholstered furniture; ensure trash is removed, carpets are vacuumed, and linens are changed, and that bathroom sinks, tubs and toilets are cleaned
• Prepare cleaning solutions by mixing chemicals and water to the proper specifications
• Ensure glass doors, light fixtures and insides of windows are clean and do not have smears or cobwebs on them
• Deliver items to guest rooms, such as roll away beds and hideaway beds
• Ensure proper dilution and soap ratios to prevent wastage
• Maintain linens, towels, toiletry items, and restock supplies on an organized cart daily
• Maintain and replenish supplies and other items for guests rooms
• Move, clean, and organize furniture
• Ensure linens are retrieved, sorted, folded, and are in perfect condition from the linen rooms; discontinues the use of linens that are torn, worn or stained
• Clean areas around the rooms, tents, and cabins including patios and balconies
• Fully utilize all safety equipment, also ensure proper bending, lifting and carrying techniques are adhered to
• Understand the machinery and chemicals used
• Be aware of SDS sheets and books, reading and using this information when necessary
• Identify maintenance and safety issues, always ensuring the Housekeeping and Laundry Manager is notified
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, having the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
• Maintain a positive attitude, always willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
• Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a positive representation of Aramark Parks and Destinations is demonstrated at all times
• Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
• Assist other Roomkeepers as directed
• Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
• Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope: The Roomkeeper reports to the Housekeeping Manager
Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. Must have the ability to bend constantly. Must be able to accurately carry out instructions. Must be able to complete repetitive tasks. Attention to detail is vital to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained. Able to identify and communicate problems in English to Housekeeping and Laundry Manager.
• Previous Housekeeping/Laundry experience preferred
• Able to provide basic information about the Hotel and Yosemite
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas so others understand
• Must be able to work independently
Equipment Used: Hand Truck, Washer, Dryer, Vacuum Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements: BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING NOT REQUIRED HEARING FREQUENT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING FREQUENT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran