Tyonek Native Corporation Sheet Metal Mechanic - Lemoore, CA in Lemoore, California
This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility maintenance on types of aircraft, which include, but not limited to F/A-18 A-G and F-35. Military aviation platform experience is a plus. This position in located on a government facility and will require a government issued clearance.
- Perform a full range of aircraft sheet metal duties including, but not limited to, disassemble, modify, repair, and reassemble complex aircraft metal items and systems, e.g., bulkheads, airframes, spars, air scoops, wings, flaps, pylons, sponsons, fuselages, skins, ribs, gussets and fuel tanks. These items and systems have combined straight and curved edges and irregular curves and planes
- Analyze and evaluate structural damage to metal systems and items; develop patterns using a combination of parallel and radial line development; fabricate, install, and repair a variety of items and systems made from a wide variety of metals, e.g., stainless steel, copper sheet, magnesium, honeycomb, alloys, aluminum; replace sections and patch old systems; cut, bend, shape, and form metals for items that have numerous irregular angles, planes, and curves with varying pitch and circumference; use a variety of assembly joints, complex fastening systems, riveted or welded joints, drill or punch holes; and assemble or repair items by seaming, bolting, screwing, riveting, tacking. Assembly methods shall meet appearance and strength standards, as well as critical tolerances. As a condition of employment Contractor personnel will be required to pass a FRCW administered certification skills examination
- Use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, protractors, snap ring, height, depth, dial and screw pitch gauges, squares, rulers, trammel points, and sine bars
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years Sheetmetal Mechanic (Aircraft Mechanic II) experience
- A&P; license not required but a plus
- Prefer experience from military fixed wing community or civilian heavy structure background
- Experience in heavy structure U.S. Military or related FAA or civil aviation
- Must be able to obtain and/or maintain a secret clearance
- Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 44 pounds and heavy, moderate carrying up to 44 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales with or without corrective lens.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, crane, truck, tractor, etc.
- Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, objects, vehicles, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
- Environmental conditions can included but not limited to dust, silica, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, solvents such as degreasing agents, grease, oils, and electrical energy
- Working on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Working closely with others or working alone
- Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Start/End Date: 10-Apr-2018 to 09-Jun-2018 (CST)
Department: TSGI - FRCLM
Location: Lemoore, CA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: Per WD