Mountain Valley Express LTL/Class A Driver - Visalia in Visalia, California
Family owned and operated since 1976, Mountain Valley Express is California's premier LTL trucking company. We have an opportunity for transportation professionals to join our award winning team! We have grown to 9 terminals throughout California, Nevada and Arizona. Our company is currently hiring LTL Drivers!
We offer competitive wages as well as an excellent benefits package!
Yearlong/Full-time Class A Drivers
No experience needed, we'll train current Class A Drivers
You're home every day with weekends off
Hazmat and Doubles Endorsements preferred
Short reverse commute
*Position: *LTL Driver
Position Summary: Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, transports materials to and make pickups from specified destinations by performing the following duties:
- Drives trucks to destination. Prepares receipts for loads picked up and delivered. Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges. Executes other paperwork as directed. Handles Hazardous Materials.
- Maintains truck log and performs pre-trip and post trip inspections according to state and federal regulations and company policy. Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Review hazmat paperwork and load as required
- Makes and breaks up sets of trailers by using and handling a converter gear. Inspects truck equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as, installing light bulbs, and other light maintenance repairs as may be directed by a staff mechanic. Performs brake inspections and adjustments. Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit. Operates a forklift as required to unload and load materials into his or her trailer.
Position Requirements: Must have valid Class A Driver's License. Must be able to successfully pass drug/physical and background screening and be able to provide current copy of H6 DMV print-out (10 year driving record)
Benefits: We value our employees and offer an excellent benefit package after 60 days of employment. This package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision. 401k is available after 1 year of employment.
Those interested in applying or learning more about the position, please visithttps://mtnvly.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Job Start/End Date: 10-Apr-2018 to 09-Jun-2018 (PST)
Location: Visalia, CA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: 19.75