Macy's Maintenance Carpenter/Painter, Part Time: Visalia Mall in Visalia, California
The Maintenance Carpenter/Painter is responsible for maintaining building interior walls, flooring, ceiling, all entry doors, fitting room hardware, fixture drawers, and hinges as well as journey-level work in the painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces, structures, and fixtures. Candidate will be required to perform duties in more than one facility.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.*Carpenter Essential Functions:*
- Install, maintain, and repair: walls, flooring, ceilings, fixtures, doors, hardware, and repair laminate
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance as required on building interior
- Regular use of power tools and handling and lifting of heavy and/or bulky items
- Utilize Work Order System for assignment of repair work orders as well as preventative maintenance actions
- Ensure systems remain in compliance with local codes
- Must possess a valid Drivers License
- Ability to intermittently travel out of town and between different store locations
- Ability to work safely around customers and employees
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Ability to work without direct daily direct supervision
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with established work standards and safety guidelines
Assist with all aspects of maintenance and repair within assigned facilities including on call availability
Painter Essential Functions:
Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints interior/exterior surfaces, furniture, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting materials such as varnish, lacquer, and latex. Adjust colors as needed.
- Applies tape and joint compound to repair sheetrock walls and ceilings.
- Removes graffiti using a variety of available products.
- Installs and repairs wall coverings.
- Operates, cleans, and maintains all painting equipment, including brushes, rolls, sprayers, and pumps.
- Purchases and inventories equipment and supplies.
- Estimates time and materials required.
- Erects scaffolding, and uses ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
- Safely stores and labels all materials.
- Adheres to state and local disposal requirements as it relates to hazardous materials handling.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for service and maintains a record of work completed in the work order system.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor.
Dependable attendance and punctuality.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum of five years of experience in the maintenance and repair of a large commercial facility. Strong carpentry knowledge and background is required, as well as prior painting experience.
Effective written and verbal skills. Ability to interpret building schematics, prints, and manuals. Candidate must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with peers, managers, and contractors.
Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
R easoning Ability:
Self-starter with good time management skills. Candidate must possess ability to prioritize work, to negotiate painting, maintenance and repair workload with store management’s requests while working within limitations of Facilities budget and structure
This position involves occasional heavy lifting, constant moving and standing, and standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders, and reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Requires the use of power tools, and handling of heavy and/or bulky items.
Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a sense of urgency. Must be familiar with PC, windows applications, e-mail and preferably a computerized work order system. Some travel between stores is required.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Must be able to respond to after hours and weekend calls (24/7).
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Visalia
Job: Facilities and Building Maintenance
Req ID: 71481673